Are you excited about entrepreneurship and the health, wellness and sport industry? Are you thrilled about startup acceleration and the venture capital industry? Do you want to learn about building businesses and strengthen your network? We’re looking for an awesome Deal-flow Coordinator to join our energetic team at Vertical.
Vertical is a startup accelerator focusing on health, wellness and sport technologies. Twice a year we offer selected startup companies a 4-month program, with direct access to industry insight, cutting edge technology, and global market outreach. Our portfolio companies get to develop their thinking and their product alongside experts from some of the world’s leading companies – for example, Samsung and Sonera’s dedicated healthcare teams, Amer Sports sports experts, Fazer’s nutrition and food professionals and medical doctors and nurses from the Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa.
As the Deal-flow coordinator, you take a central role in the creation of Vertical’s portfolio of companies. You will be a key assets to increase the number of applications and the quality of applicants to our accelerator program. As the Deal-flow coordinator you report to the Head of Portfolio.
What you will be doing:
- Engage with key stakeholders and develop the local startup community,
- Represent our brand offline in various events,
- Leverage Vertical’s social media channels to stimulate deal-flow,
- Identify talented entrepreneurs we should get to know,
- Help us reach out to entrepreneurs and companies we should work with,
- Assist in investor network building activities,
- Perform market research and competitor analysis,
- Support on screening and selecting startup companies,
- Generating the Vertical Alumni survey: tracking, analyzing and producing reports on our Startup portfolio and relative KPIs
Your ideal background:
- Sc/M.Sc studies with minimum 3 years completed,
- Preferably majoring in business or engineering,
- Passionate about venture capital, startups, and building better businesses,
- Demonstrated strong societal engagement through extracurricular activities,
- Analytical, strong self-starter & solution oriented,
- Strong knowledge of online marketing and social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Klout, Google Analytics, Google Adwords…)
- Experience in generating marketing material and tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign…)
- Familiar with the Finnish startup community,
- Strong verbal and written English required, as well as a second language. Finnish is optional.
We offer an innovative and fun working environment in one of the hottest startup hubs in Finland – the Vertical co-working space. You will have a competitive salary and we make sure you are hooked up with the latest devices to ensure that you stay connected. Occasionally you will go on international missions to learn more about the industry and meet startups
Our process has two stages
- First, we’d like to review your CV. Please send your application to Sébastien Gianelli at email@example.com If you feel that some other links (blogs, example of work…) might help us to understand you better, you are welcome to add them.
- Second, we’d like to hear from you directly, so we’ll ask selected applicants to come for a meeting to our office in Otaniemi.
Apply by Sunday, 25th of September.
We look forward to hearing from you!